The Graduate School of Business Career Services department serves as a link between students and meaningful employment. Our advisers provide current students and alumni the opportunity to:
- Explore different career paths through the use of career assessments available during Career Weeks. These tools, coupled with 1:1 career counseling sessions, enable our students to make informed decisions regarding their career path in line with their interests, skills, values and personality.
- Practice your interviewing and networking skills in a safe environment with the School’s senior staff members and industry professionals.
- Get advice on how to differentiate yourself from others and stand out from the crowd with respect to resumes and cover letters. Our resume templates ensure a contemporary look and feel as well as relevant content required by most international companies.
- Take advantage of an up-to-date list of career related literature available from the NU Library or online resources.
- Secure employment by active participation in Career Week activities, panel discussions, company presentations, networking with distinguished guest speakers, employers and alumni, as well as receive information on Nazarbayev University Career and Advising Centre student sessions.
In general, choosing a meaningful career is a very important accomplishment in life. A meaningful career can impact various aspects of one’s life, including physical and emotional health, quality of life, interaction with others and the ability of an individual to reach his or her highest potential.
Nonetheless, if you are just beginning to think about your career options or whatever direction you choose to pursue after completion of your academic program at the Graduate School of Business, a Career Services staff member can help. Visit us soon and often for consultation to clarify and pursue your career path, whatever the profession and position you wish to pursue!
Average age of FTMBA alumni – 27 years
Average years of work experience of FT MBA alumni – 4.7 years
The previous background is diverse and includes International Relations, Finance, Business, Information Systems, Economics, Education, Accounting, Life safety, Nanoscience, Physics, Computer Science, Petroleum Engineering, Mathematics, Civil Engineering
NUGSB alumni are employed in Charity, Education, Consulting, Agriculture, IT, Mining, Healthcare, Construction, Government, Logistics, Advertising, Postal and Oil&Gas
Career Week II – FTMBA/MSF 2018 – June 12 – 15, 2018
Career Week III – FTMBA/MSF 2018 – September 17-21, 2018