Decision makers are surrounded with concepts and terminology from finance and accounting: cash flow management, net present value, financial statement analysis, and numerous others. This course provides an applied introduction to the key topics in finance and accounting.
In the process we will also introduce concepts and terminology of financial accounting. As a result, program participants will better understand the basics of financial management and be able to engage in more meaningful discussions with financial professionals.
The program will start with an introduction to finance and accounting terminology and concepts: basics of balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, financial calculus (including net present value) and cash flow projections.
You will learn how to interpret the financial statements and how to structure information to make long-term decisions, called capital budgeting. You will learn about breakeven analysis, asset valuation, and financial forecasting. The program will close with a discussion of common mistakes made by companies in their financial management. Our program will also feature a “practitioner’s perspective” of financial management by one of Kazakhstan’s industry leaders in the financial industry.
In summary, this course will give you knowledge, insights, and practice in using the tools of finance and accounting to make data-driven decisions.
- Professionals in management positions other than finance (general managers, engineers, marketers etc.)
- Career changers who have recently moved to financial positions but lack a strong finance/accounting background.
- Executives with a need to refresh their finance/accounting prior knowledge.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Carry out basic project evaluation based on financial criteria.
- Understand finance professionals and engage in meaningful discussions.
- Critically review project evaluations prepared by others.
- Understand the basics of “bottom line”: profitability, value creation, and economic viability.
Venue and Time
Dates: June 24-25, 2015
Venue: Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Business – Astana
The price for this two day program is: 149.000 KZT
The program includes all course materials as well as meals and coffee.
Leila Yergozha, Executive Education Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, +7 (7172) 70 91 64
Xeniya Axt, Marketing Manager, email@example.com, +7 (7172) 70 91 83