Have you ever wondered why such successful entrepreneurs as Warren Buffet or Jeff Bezos are so successful? This is because they are the best at analyzing financial statements.
Good leaders make management decisions based on financial data. They can see opportunities for company growth and sources of loss. But not everyone has a financial education and there is not always time to pass through the “financial jungles”.
If you want to learn how to evaluate the financial conditions and profitability of a company, speak the same language with financiers and foresee financial risks, then register for the program “Financial Statement Analysis for Executives” on November 22-23, 2018.
Professor of the Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Business, Doron Israel, a CPA certified auditor who has received a doctorate from Stanford and got practical experience at Ernst & Young and the Israel Securities Authority will help you to plunge into the world of finance.
To begin with, you will get acquainted with the terms and concepts of financial accounting: balance sheet, income statement, statement of changes in equity and statement of cash flows. You will learn how to analyze the main financial statements in the dynamics, profitability, performance and risks of the company. During the course, common mistakes of companies in financial management will also be discussed.
- Professionals in management positions other than finance (general managers, engineers, marketers etc.)
- Career changers who have recently moved to financial positions but lack a strong finance/accounting background.
- Executives with a need to refresh their financial accounting prior knowledge.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand financial statements
- See a reflection of the company’s operating activities in financial statements
- Analyze the profitability, performance and risks of the company
- Make thoughtful management decisions based on financial indicators and market data
- Analyze financial statements over time
- Avoid common financial and accounting mistakes.
Dates: December 5-6, 2019
Venue: Nazarbayev University, Graduate School of Business, 53Kabanbay Batyr ave., Block C3, Astana
Price: 195 000 тенге
Doron Israeli, PhD, Associate Professor
PhD in Business Administration and MS in Statistics from Stanford University. BA in Economics, Accounting, and Management from Tel-Aviv University (summa cum laude)
Prof. Israeli has vast experience in the corporate world. He is a CPA (Israel). Prior to starting his PhD studies at Stanford University, he worked in the Corporate Finance Division of Israel Securities Authority (ISA) and in the Professional Practice Department of Ernst & Young (EY), Israel. Prof. Israeli’s research explores the role of financial reporting in capital markets, and investigates the effects of capital markets frictions and human cognitive constraints on stock pricing efficiency and corporate investment policy.
Prof. Israel’s teaching interests include courses in Accounting, Econometrics, and Finance.