How to apply?
- Read the requirements on this page;
- Register on admissions.nu.edu.kz and submit documents and application form online;
- Pass through personal interview;
- Wait for results!
Dates and Deadlines
Early deadline – April 01, 2020 (23:59 Nur-Sultan time inclusive)
Regular deadline – May 12, 2020 (23:59 Nur-Sultan time inclusive)
Late deadline – 22 November, 2020 (23:59 Nur-Sultan time inclusive)
There is a registration fee waiver for candidates applying until 01 April 2020.
Please note that before the submission your application should be complete including all supporting documents.
There will be no extension for submission of supporting documents after deadlines. Incomplete applications submitted in the Early round will be checked for compliance with requirements and might be returned for correction and transferred to the next applications round. The registration fee in the regular round will be KZT 30 000.
Applicants to the EMBA program are expected to have:
- The candidates are expected to have managerial work experience in national companies, business entities, public institutions, non-governmental or international organizations.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree diploma (or equivalent).
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Two confidential letters of recommendation in English (or with English translation) according to the form available on the applicant’s personal page after registration at http://admissions.nu.edu.kz. One of the two recommendations must be written by a current or previous employer. The second referee may be chosen at the applicant’s discretion. References will be automatically sent to your referees after you click the SUBMIT button. Please kindly note that your referees will be given up to 5 days only to complete the online recommendation form;
- Two essays in English (the essay questions are available on the application form):
- Essay 1 In 500 words, or less describe how your education, work, and life experience will contribute to your classmates’ MBA experience.
- Essay 2 In 500 words or less describe three things others do not know about you.
- Letter of corporate support in English (or with English translation) from the applicant’s current employer outlining the company’s financial commitment to pay a program tuition fee and to allow the applicant to attend the EMBA program.
- CV in English (it should not exceed one page);
- Notarized copy of Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree diploma with transcript including a notarized English translation. Applicants who obtained Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree diplomas from foreign educational institutions must request their official transcript(s) to be sent directly to the Graduate School of Business;
- Language preferences. The recommended level of English language proficiency is equal to an IELTS score of 6.5 with no individual component falling below a 6.0., or a TOEFL score of 232 for Computer-Based Test (CBT), 575 for Paper-Based Test (PBT) and 90 for Internet-Based Test (IBT); Due to COVID-19, Nazarbayev University offers an alternative English language testing Duolingo for applicants who are unable to take IELTS/TOEFL. The Duolingo English test score submission deadline has been extended until 10 June, 2020 (23:59 Nur-Sultan time inclusive) for Regular and Late round applicants to the EMBA program. Candidates are required to submit their test scores to participate in the selection process to enroll to the Executive MBA program in 2020. Duolingo English Test Information:
But GSB recognizes that some exceptional EMBA candidates with lower IELTS or TOEFL scores will bring other valuable attributes to the EMBA program. Therefore, the Admissions Committee may assess and recognize the English language proficiency of the applicants who have scores lower than specified.To support such candidates, simultaneous Russian translation and translation of in-class materials may be made available.Applicants whose native language is English are exempt.Applicants who obtained a full-time Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a foreign educational institution where English is the primary language of instruction are exempt from submission of the TOEFL or IELTS tests.( transferred to FAQ)
Valid GMAT or GRE Test Report. Although an official GMAT or GRE score is not an essential requirement, an applicant with limited quantitative experience can strengthen her/his application with a competitive GMAT or GRE score;
- Identity card. Notarized copy of the applicant’s identity card or passport;
- Notarized copy of the applicant’s employment record book (or equivalent) with English translation.
- Additional information:
- submission of completed application package by the applicant does not guarantee admissions to the EMBA program;
- applicants are invited for an interview by the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee has the right to conduct an additional interview with applicants to assess their quantitative skills;
- every applicant must complete an online application form in English and submit it on the official University websitehttp://admissions.nu.edu.kz.
- The documents will be brought/ sent to 53 Kabanbay Batyr Ave., Block C3, NU GSB Admissions office # 3028, 3032, Nazarbayev University, Admissions Department, Nur-Sultan city, 010000, Republic of Kazakhstan after the decisions on admission are made.
For more information please contact us:
Admissions Office email@example.com