NUGSB announces the deadlines for applications for the Full-Time Master of Business Administration program.
Early deadline – April 1, 2020 (23:59 Nur-Sultan time inclusive)
Regular deadline – May 12, 2020 (23:59 Nur-Sultan time inclusive)
Late deadline – June 1, 2020 (23:59 Nur-Sultan time inclusive)
There is a registration fee waiver for candidates applying before April 1, 2020.
Please note that before the submission your application should be complete including language certificates, ALEKS/GRE/GMAT results and all supporting documents must be uploaded to a personal account of the candidate.
There will be no extension for submission of supporting documents after deadlines. Incomplete applications submitted in the Early round will be checked for compliance with requirements and might be returned for correction and transferred to the next application round. The registration fee in the standard round will be KZT 30 000.
How to apply?
- Register on admissions.nu.edu.kz, create your account and online application form;
- Pass through ALEKS exam and personal interview;
- Submit documents and application form online;
- Wait for results!
Applicants to the Full-Time MBA program are expected to have:
- At least 2 years of cumulative work experience, the Admissions Committee reserves the right to consider exceptional applicants with less than 2 years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree diploma (or equivalent).
Applicants must submit the following documents:
Letters of Recommendation
Two confidential letters of recommendation (to be provided by referees electronically after receiving an email request).
Recommendation letters will be automatically sent to your referees after you click the SUBMIT button. Please kindly note that your referees will be given up to 5 days to complete the online recommendation form.
Two essays in English (the essay questions are available on the application form).
CV in English (it should not exceed one page).
Notarized copy of Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree diploma with transcript including a notarized English translation. Applicants who obtained Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree diplomas from foreign educational institutions must request their official transcript(s) to be sent directly to the Admissions Department.
Valid English Language Proficiency Tests Report (IELTS or TOEFL)
An overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-score requirements no less than 6.0), or TOEFL IBT score of 79-93 (with sub-score requirements no less than 19-23). The test scores must be valid on the application submission date.
Applicants to the Full-Time MBA program, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, may be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- an undergraduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English;
- the applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University;
- an applicant is determined as a native speaker.
Mathematical skills as demonstrated by ALEKS test or valid GMAT or GRE test.
ALEKS test administered on campus (in Nur-Sultan) will be conducted as indicated in the table below. We strongly recommend candidates to take online trial version/ training for this test well in advance of deadlines and accurately plan dates.
Completed Application Deadline
|ALEKS test dates|
|Early||April 1, 2020||February 28, 2020
March 13, 2020
March 31, 2020
|Regular||May 12, 2020||
April 25 (Sat), 2020
|Late||June 1, 2020||May 16, 2020
Final test date:
May 30 (Sat), 2020
There is no test available after May 30, 2020
Preparation instructions are available at the following link
ALEKS study topics are outlined at this link.
A minimum GPA of 2.75 out of 4.00
The Admissions Committee has the right to make exceptions for applicants with at least 3 years of work experience, who have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Applicants with less than 2.75 GPA cannot be considered for the state educational grant.
Please refer to the following website — www.aleks.com (Module: Essential Math Skills for business) to take a free trial test.
A minimum GPA of 2.75 out of 4.00
The Admissions Committee has the right to make exceptions for applicants with at least 3 years of work experience who have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Applicants with less than 2.75 GPA cannot be considered for the state educational grant.
Notarized copy of the applicant’s identity card or passport.
Documented proof of work experience with notarized English translation.
- Submission of completed application package by the applicant does not guarantee admission to the MBA program.
- Applicants are invited for an interview by the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee has the right to conduct an additional interview with applicants.
- Every applicant must complete an online application form in English and submit it on the official University website http://admissions.nu.edu.kz;
- All the original documents must be sent to: 53 Kabanbay Batyr Ave., office #1115, Nazarbayev University, Admissions Department, Nur-Sultan city, 010000, Republic of Kazakhstan.
For more information please contact us by: