Nazarbayev university Graduate School of Business announces the Regular and Late deadlines for applications for Full-Time Master of Business Administration program.
Regular deadline – 15 of May, 2019 (23:59 Astana time inclusive)
*Late deadline – 28 of June, 2019 (23:59 Astana time inclusive)
Please note there will be no extension for submission of supporting documents at this point except mentioned in the table of deadlines.
ALEKS test administered on campus will be conducted as indicated in the table of deadlines. We kindly ask applicants to accurately plan the dates prior to the given deadlines.
How to apply?
- Read the requirements on this page;
- Register on admissions.nu.edu.kz and submit documents and application form online;
- Pass through ALEKS exam and personal interview;
- Wait for results!
Applicants to the Full-Time MBA program are expected to have:
- At least 2 years of cumulative work experience, The Admissions Committee reserves the right to consider exceptional applicants with less than 2 years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree diploma (or equivalent).
Applicants must submit the following documents:
Please, note that Full-Time MBA application fee is 30 000 KZT (inclusive of ALEKS test) for the citizens of Kazakhstan and foreign nationals. Application fee is non-refundable.
Letters of Recommendation
We require two letters of recommendation. The most valuable recommendations come from people who know your professional skills and abilities. We require you to submit one recommendation from your current supervisor. If you do not have an immediate supervisor, you may submit a recommendation from someone who knows you well in your current position and can critique your professional performance. We strongly encourage you to contact your recommenders early in the application process. Recommendations from relatives or family and friends are strongly discouraged by the Admissions Committee. An application is not considered as “complete” until we have received all recommendations.
Before you submit your application form, please check that you have included the corporate/institutional email addresses of your referees and they have agreed to provide recommendation letters for you.
As soon as you press the “Submit application” button on your personal page, the reference form will be automatically sent to the referees’ email addresses you provided below.
Please note that reference letters should be sent from indicated corporate/institutional email addresses.
If your referees do not have corporate/institutional email addresses, they are required to submit the original/hard copies of recommendation letters in a sealed envelope.
Two essays in English (the essay questions are available on the application form).
In 500 words, or less describe how your education, work, and life experience will contribute to your classmates’ MBA experience.
In 500 words or less describe three things others do not know about you.
CV in English (it should not exceed one page).
Notarized copy of Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree diploma with transcript including a notarized English translation. Applicants who obtained Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree diplomas from foreign educational institutions must request their official transcript(s) to be sent directly to the Admissions Department
Valid English Language Proficiency Tests Report (IELTS or TOEFL)
An overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-score requirements no less than 6.0), or TOEFL IBT score of 79-93 (with sub-score requirements no less than 19-23). The test scores must be valid on the application submission date.
Applicants to the Full-Time MBA program, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, may be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- an undergraduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English;
- the applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University;
- an applicant is determined as a native speaker.
Mathematical skills as demonstrated by ALEKS test/GMAT or GRE
ALEKS test will be administered by the School in Astana, Kazakhstan.
A minimum GPA of 2.75 out of 4.00
The Admissions Committee has the right to make exceptions for applicants with at least 3 years of work experience who have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Applicants with less than 2.75 GPA cannot be considered for the state educational grant.
Notarized copy of the applicant’s identity card or passport.
Documented proof of work experience with notarized English translation.
- Submission of completed application package by the applicant does not guarantee admission to the MBA program.
- Applicants are invited for an interview by the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee has the right to conduct an additional interview with applicants to assess their quantitative skills.
- Every applicant must complete an online application form in English and submit it on the official University website http://admissions.nu.edu.kz;
- All the original documents must be sent to: 53 Kabanbay Batyr Ave., office # 1115, Nazarbayev University, Admissions Department, Astana 010000, Republic of Kazakhstan.
For more information please contact us by: