Master in Engineering Management
The Master of Engineering Management (MEM) is a joint degree program is a specialized degree program offered by School of Engineering in partnership with Graduate School of Business at Nazarbayev University.
The aim of the program is to prepare students with the technical skills and business knowledge for leadership of engineering-related units of enterprises with innovative solutions for complex business problems.
The Engineering Management program of the Nazarbayev University will enable graduates to:
1. Effectively function on and lead multidisciplinary teams.
2. Apply the elements of leadership within an organization.
3. Analyze and use company data and resources to make effective decisions.
4. Identify and manage enterprise risk.
5. Use their intellectual, analytical and critical abilities, and to employ these abilities in general and in the management of an enterprise.
6. Effectively manage operations and effectively manage projects, in terms of costs, planning and technical performance.
7. Uphold the highest professional and ethical standards and implement principles of sustainability, safety and social responsibility in the management of an enterprise.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4|
|ENGINEERING CORE MODULES||BUSINESS CORE MODULES||ENGINEERING CORE MODULES||PROFESSIONAL ELECTIVE MODULES|
Leading Engineering Teams
|Accounting||Engineering Ethics||Elective III|
|Probability and Statistics||Management of Organizations||Product Development||Elective IV|
|Systems Engineering||Finance||Sustainable Development||CAPSTONE|
|Project Management||Marketing||Engineering Economy||Capstone Project|
|Operations Management||Business Strategy||Quality Management|
|Introduction to Optimization Methods||Entrepreneurship||Supply Chain Management|
|Risk Analysis and Management||Management of Change||PROFESSIONAL ELECTIVE MODULES|
|Decision Models||Management of Technology and Innovation||Elective I|
- Demonstration of completion of a satisfactory undergraduate degree program in an appropriate field or discipline including but not limited to engineering, construction, architecture, science and technology, management, and business with a minimum CGPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale);
- Evidence of sufficient English language skill to be able to function satisfactorily in a graduate level, English-medium environment, which can be demonstrated by (a) the minimum scores of 6.5 on the IELTS test, with no less than a 6.0 in any subsection, for full admission, or the TOEFL equivalent; or (b) evidence of being a native or fluent speaker of English to the satisfaction of the Admissions Committee in an interview with School of Engineering Admission Committee; (c) applicants, who obtained university level degree in educational institution with English as the language of instruction, are exempt from provision of the English language proficiency test report;
- A statement of purpose for graduate studies;
- Two letters of reference;
- Applicants are required to take ALEKS Essential Math Skills for Business test administered by the School of Engineering or submit either a valid GRE or GMAT score, which will be considered in making admissions decisions;
- Admission committee may invite all or some applicants for an interview.
Application Details and Process
You should apply on the website of the School of Engineering.
For more information, please, contact Graduate Admissions Department: + 7 (7172) 70 65 68, 70 61 43, 70 90 54.