MSc in Finance
The must-have degree to accelerate your career in the field of Finance
The NUGSB Master of Science in Finance program (hereinafter – MSc in Finance) is a specialized, quantitative course of study for highly motivated individuals seeking a career in the field of finance. The MSc in Finance program will equip young professionals with the knowledge, skills, and ability to add value and succeed in relevant positions in finance whether in public or private sector organizations.
More specifically, the 14 month program provides students with a solid conceptual, quantitative and practical foundation on which to launch and/or advance a career in a finance-related field. Graduates typically pursue job opportunities in investment banking, financial planning, corporate finance, financial analysis and advising, and in insurance, construction, and real estate. MSc in Finance graduates aspiring to leadership and management positions often pursue the MBA degree after acquiring a few years of work experience.
The MSc in Finance program aims to enable graduates to:
- become well-acquainted and conversant with a wide body of theory, research and contemporary literature, and global best practices in finance;
- develop essential professional, technical and analytical skills required of those aspiring to positions in finance in public and private sector organizations; and
- expand personal and professional networks.
Why MSc in Finance at NUGSB?
- fresh graduates
- early to mid-career individuals with demonstrated quantitative skills with no work experience
- young professionals with limited work experience
Academic Director of the MSF Program
Associate Professor of Finance Marek Jochec
PhD., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA