MSc in Finance
The must-have degree to accelerate your career in the field of Finance
The NUGSB Master of Science in Finance program (hereinafter – MSc in Finance) is a specialized, quantitative course of study for highly motivated individuals seeking a career in the field of finance. The MSc in Finance program will equip young professionals with the knowledge, skills, and ability to add value and succeed in relevant positions in finance whether in public or private sector organizations. More specifically, the 14 month program provides students with a solid conceptual, quantitative and practical foundation on which to launch and/or advance a career in a finance-related field. Graduates typically pursue job opportunities in investment banking, financial planning, corporate finance, financial analysis and advising, and in insurance, construction, and real estate. MSc in Finance graduates aspiring to leadership and management positions often pursue the MBA degree after acquiring a few years of work experience.
The MSc in Finance program aims to enable graduates to:
1. become well-acquainted and conversant with a wide body of theory, research and contemporary literature, and global best practices in finance;
2. develop essential professional, technical and analytical skills required of those aspiring to positions in finance in public and private sector organizations; and
3. expand personal and professional networks.
The Program is intended for early to mid-career individuals with demonstrated quantitative skills who have no work experience, and young professionals with limited work experience, though exceptional applicants from different backgrounds demonstrating the potential to master the coursework may also be considered.
– program design and curriculum are based on benchmarking of top MSc in Finance programs internationally, integrating theory with global best practices
– minimize opportunity costs through program completion in just 14 months
– all coursework, which is delivered in English, is a foundation for preparation for the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) exams
– strong Fintech emphasis with extensive utilization of Bloomberg terminals and specialized software, tools and frameworks
– experienced faculty with credentials from accredited business schools from around the globe
– a two-week residency at the National Bank
– a two-week international residency to gain Global Business Experience
– a team-based thesis focusing on the application of concepts, tools, frameworks and material from courses to address a real-world finance-oriented problem
– guest lectures from financial experts, business leaders and government officials
– networking opportunities with graduates from NUGSB programs, and experts and professionals in the public and private sector, including the National Bank and its affiliates and the Astana International Financial Center
– career advising service to assist students searching for opportunities that fit with their interest.