1. Associate Dean of Degree Programs GSB
Reports to: Dean, Graduate School of Business
The Associate Dean of Degree Programs serves as a point of coordination for students, faculty and staff to support the overall academic mission of the Graduate School of Business. The Associate Dean for MBA Programs coordinates with the marketing, admissions, corporate relations, career management, and student life functions. As part of the Management Team, the Associate Dean for MBA Programs contributes to the School’s efforts to build a world-class institution.
The employee will be based in Astana, Kazakhstan, unless otherwise determined by the Employer
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
General Management Duties
- Participation in the governance of the school and the university through membership on committees as assigned by the Dean.
- Manage degree program budgets and communicate resource requirements to the Dean.
- Contribute, as needed, to accreditation initiatives (i.e., AMBA, EFMD, AACSB)
New Program Development & Internationalization
- New Program Development: Identify market needs, assemble new program development committee and submit the appropriate documentation to the Academic Quality Committee and manage approval by the Academic Council.
- Work with the Admission department, Marketing and Business Development to increase the international profile of the program to 20% of students by 2020.
Existing Degree Program Planning & Execution
- In coordination with the NU Academic Quality Committee, and with the support of Program Managers, manage an on-going process of Program review, including assessing curriculum, delivery format, instructional technology, as well as student, faculty, and institutional outcomes.
- Work with the Dean, the faculty recruiting committee and the partner school(s) to ensure that degree program teaching schedules are staffed appropriately (faculty, program managers & teaching assistants).
- Work with the Director of Degree Program to ensure that orientation, career weeks, graduation, students life, students projects, and faculty syllabi meet the school’s quality standards; coordinate with the Director of Degree Programs any other responsibilities assigned to the Director of Degree Programs;
- Assist faculty in preparing for teaching assignments; monitor teaching evaluations and performance; return of evaluations to faculty;
- Coordinate with the Office of the Registrar to ensure timely and accurate registration and course scheduling.
- Engage with students on a regular basis regarding academic concerns, course scheduling and degree requirements.
- Serve as ex officio member of the Curriculum Committee.
- Enforce provisions of the Honor Code.
- Coordinate with Program Managers to elect Judicial Representatives for each degree program cohort.
- Periodically attend EMBA residencies and FTMBA classes to engage with students and provide thesis advisory support, and to monitor the quality of program delivery.
- In coordination with the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and Research (or Director of Research), develop a framework for a TA/RA pre-Phd program;
- Oversee the continuous improvement and approval of relevant documentation with the support of Program Managers (i.e., Faculty Handbook, Student Handbook, etc.).
Support to other GSB departments
- Support the mission of NUGSB Admissions Department by attending recruiting and admissions events as needed and providing feedback about class composition.
- Support the mission of the NUGSB Marketing Department by providing relevant feedback and content for collateral materials, to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the information contained on the NUGSB Degree Programs website, printed materials, social media and public relations efforts.
- Support the mission of the NUGSB Corporate Relations function and Career Management Center by serving as a resource for companies who are considering EMBA program sponsorship or wish to become more engaged with the MBA programs.
- Teach up to 50% of the teaching load in degree and/or non- degree programs.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by the dean.
In case no Director of Degree Programs exist, or with the appointment of a new Director of Degree Programs, the following responsibilities remain in the Associate Dean of Degree Programs portfolio until the Director of degree programs is reviewed after his/her first term.
- Coordinate with Program Managers and the Office of the Registrar on the development of the Academic Calendars for the degree programs.
- Coordinate with the Program Managers to ensure timely and accurate registration and course scheduling as well as the development/updating of the NUGSB Course Catalog.
- Coordinate with Program Managers to ensure that faculty are properly informed of NUGSB policies and grading standards, have an appropriate syllabus, and are prepared for teaching assignments; monitor teaching evaluations, performance, and return of evaluations to faculty.
- Coordinate with Program Managers and Teaching Assistants to monitor student compliance with academic standards. Ensure the accuracy of all student records and files;
- Provide guidance, evaluate and contribute to the personal and professional development of direct reports.
Applications to the interested position should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Recruiting Manager for Admissions at Graduate School of Business (temporary position-Maternity leave)
Key and functional tasks of the position:
- supporting candidates during all stages of application process (interview, filling application form, registering to math assessment test);
- coordination of activities of the office, ensuring the smooth running of day to day operations;
- giving on/off campus presentations to promote NUGSB to prospective applicants;
- conducting activities to communicate the vision, mission, values, and programs of the NUGSB;
- implementing annual admissions plan, admissions rubric and admissions decisions to the programs;
- define the NUGSB brand in the region and outside of the country;
- liaising closely with the Duke University Fuqua Admissions team to ensure streamlined operations and processes;
- providing the guidance and assist colleagues in finalizing admission inquiry;
- providing regular reporting on detailed enrollment statistics;
- interpreting and applying University policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, preparing the Admissions Rules to Academic and Managing Councils;
- organizing the regular Admissions Committee meetings;
- proctoring and organizing the entrance tests;
- managing the electronic prospect management system;
- ensuring website content about admission is current, effective and accurate;
- work with incoming correspondence, with inquiries of structural divisions of the University, timely submission of answers to letters, appeals of citizens within the competence of the office;
- other duties as required by the Dean and management of the School.
Trips:Ready to travel
Education: Higher, diploma from a foreign university is preferable. Master’s degree (MA/MBA/MSc) in one of the following specializations: business administration, management, marketing
Desired professional experience (duration, sphere, and other):
- Bachelors degree in desired areas or not less than 3 years of professional experience in Higher Education-related experience is preferred.
- Masters degree in desired areas or not less than 1 year of professional experience in Higher Education-related experience is preferred.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities: Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize assignments, and to meet critical and established deadlines; ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, highly developed and effective interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious relationships with staff, faculty, students, demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population, mastered sales skills.
Proficiency in languages: Fluent in Kazakh, Russian and English (in both spoken and written);
Computer skills:Proficient user of computer software Excel, MS Office 95\98\2000\2007, MS Windows 95\98\XP\Vista.
Deadline for CV submission: Until position is filled
Send your CV to email@example.com