1. Associate Dean of Degree Programs GSB
Reports to: Dean, Graduate School of Business
The Associate Dean of Degree Programs serves as a point of coordination for students, faculty and staff to support the overall academic mission of the Graduate School of Business. The Associate Dean for MBA Programs coordinates with the marketing, admissions, corporate relations, career management, and student life functions. As part of the Management Team, the Associate Dean for MBA Programs contributes to the School’s efforts to build a world-class institution.
The employee will be based in Astana, Kazakhstan, unless otherwise determined by the Employer
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
General Management Duties
- Participation in the governance of the school and the university through membership on committees as assigned by the Dean.
- Manage degree program budgets and communicate resource requirements to the Dean.
- Contribute, as needed, to accreditation initiatives (i.e., AMBA, EFMD, AACSB)
New Program Development & Internationalization
- New Program Development: Identify market needs, assemble new program development committee and submit the appropriate documentation to the Academic Quality Committee and manage approval by the Academic Council.
- Work with the Admission department, Marketing and Business Development to increase the international profile of the program to 20% of students by 2020.
Existing Degree Program Planning & Execution
- In coordination with the NU Academic Quality Committee, and with the support of Program Managers, manage an on-going process of Program review, including assessing curriculum, delivery format, instructional technology, as well as student, faculty, and institutional outcomes.
- Work with the Dean, the faculty recruiting committee and the partner school(s) to ensure that degree program teaching schedules are staffed appropriately (faculty, program managers & teaching assistants).
- Work with the Director of Degree Program to ensure that orientation, career weeks, graduation, students life, students projects, and faculty syllabi meet the school’s quality standards; coordinate with the Director of Degree Programs any other responsibilities assigned to the Director of Degree Programs;
- Assist faculty in preparing for teaching assignments; monitor teaching evaluations and performance; return of evaluations to faculty;
- Coordinate with the Office of the Registrar to ensure timely and accurate registration and course scheduling.
- Engage with students on a regular basis regarding academic concerns, course scheduling and degree requirements.
- Serve as ex officio member of the Curriculum Committee.
- Enforce provisions of the Honor Code.
- Coordinate with Program Managers to elect Judicial Representatives for each degree program cohort.
- Periodically attend EMBA residencies and FTMBA classes to engage with students and provide thesis advisory support, and to monitor the quality of program delivery.
- In coordination with the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and Research (or Director of Research), develop a framework for a TA/RA pre-Phd program;
- Oversee the continuous improvement and approval of relevant documentation with the support of Program Managers (i.e., Faculty Handbook, Student Handbook, etc.).
Support to other GSB departments
- Support the mission of NUGSB Admissions Department by attending recruiting and admissions events as needed and providing feedback about class composition.
- Support the mission of the NUGSB Marketing Department by providing relevant feedback and content for collateral materials, to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the information contained on the NUGSB Degree Programs website, printed materials, social media and public relations efforts.
- Support the mission of the NUGSB Corporate Relations function and Career Management Center by serving as a resource for companies who are considering EMBA program sponsorship or wish to become more engaged with the MBA programs.
- Teach up to 50% of the teaching load in degree and/or non- degree programs.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by the dean.
In case no Director of Degree Programs exist, or with the appointment of a new Director of Degree Programs, the following responsibilities remain in the Associate Dean of Degree Programs portfolio until the Director of degree programs is reviewed after his/her first term.
- Coordinate with Program Managers and the Office of the Registrar on the development of the Academic Calendars for the degree programs.
- Coordinate with the Program Managers to ensure timely and accurate registration and course scheduling as well as the development/updating of the NUGSB Course Catalog.
- Coordinate with Program Managers to ensure that faculty are properly informed of NUGSB policies and grading standards, have an appropriate syllabus, and are prepared for teaching assignments; monitor teaching evaluations, performance, and return of evaluations to faculty.
- Coordinate with Program Managers and Teaching Assistants to monitor student compliance with academic standards. Ensure the accuracy of all student records and files;
- Provide guidance, evaluate and contribute to the personal and professional development of direct reports.
Applications to the interested position should be sent to: email@example.com
2. HR and Career Services Senior Manager
- To build and maintain HR and Career Service office at School that provides lifelong career support to the NUGSB staff, students and alumni while developing strong relationships with corporations and employers.
- To build and maintain the Almuni relationship function at the NUGSB
Job responsibilities and functions
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate School’s HR and Student’s Career service scope.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the School, its students and alumni, and potential employers nationally and internationally.
- Oversee and manage budget for HR, Career Services, Alumni Relations.
- Educate current NUGSB students about the benefits and scope of services offered through alumni relations and career services at NUGSB.
- Develop and submit for approval annual strategic and operating plans
- Coordinate the HR division: HR, Career services, Dean’s PA work
- Engage and grow the current alumni and corporate relationships, and develop new contacts with external organizations for the purpose of expanding employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Provide career advising to students and alumni regarding the job-search process, interviewing, resume, and letter writing, and other areas of career planning.
- Review and supervise the on-campus recruitment and interviewing processes as well as resume referral and job-listing services for current students as well as alumni.
- Plan and implement Career Weeks and other career events.
- Conduct workshops, seminars, and other presentations to student, faculty, employer, and alumni groups.
- Serve as ex officio Director of the Alumni Association to support the President of the Association.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records.
- Establish and build relationships with NUGSB alumni, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, newsletter, and the alumni web pages
- Collaborate with School and University leadership to identify alumni prospects with consideration to both school and University requirements.
- Raise funds for select special projects and events in collaboration with business development colleagues.
Education Higher education preferably with the English as the main language of instruction. A degree preferably in a discipline directly related to HR, staffing, employment, career development and planning, or other human resources concern, business administration, law, higher education or related areas.
Professional experience for a Master`s degree holder – at least 5 years of work experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Professional competencies and personal skills
- Effective organizational and management skills;
- Effective public relations and networking abilities;
- Demonstrated experience in a project management role;
- Knowledge of the Labor Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan ;
- Knowledge of job trends and career development skills;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong commitment to working with a diverse student population;
- Nationwide professional contacts in both the university and employment sectors.
- Thorough knowledge of public administration philosophies and concepts;
- Self-driven, able to demonstrate initiative and provide customer-focused support for students, alumni, employers, and other partners.
Fluent spoken and written Kazakh, Russian and English.
Please send your CV on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Senior Manager for Admissions Office
Key and functional tasks of the department:Planning, implementation and organization of recruitment and admission to Graduate School of Business academic programs.
Key and functional tasks of the position:
- Strategic planning of recruitment and admission to the academic programs;
- To plan, organize and implement the recruitment plan;
- To analyze and plan the Admissions Office work, develop and analyze the statistical data on the selection process results;
- To coordinate effective organization of collection and processing of applicants’ files;
- To prepare materials based on applicants’ files for the Admissions Committees;
- To collaborate with the University IT division on improving and maintaining operational managing data bases of the applicants
- To manage data bases of the applicants, incoming correspondence and structural divisions’ requests, timely submission of responses to individuals’ requests within the Admissions Office competence;
- To organize timely development of work plans, reports on the completed work implemented by the Admissions Office staff, as well as develop master plan and reports in whole
- Preparing budget for Recruiting campaigns
Trips: Trips within Kazakhstan and abroad
Education: Higher, diploma from a foreign university is preferable (degree of MA/MBA/M.Phil/MSc). Specialization: business administration, marketing, education, operations management.
Desired professional experience (duration, sphere, and other):
Work experience in public relations, project management, management in education and/or corporative management after graduation from internationally high ranked universities.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities:
- Analytical and management skills;
- Ability to work effectively in team;
- Knowledge of business, government, and non-government organizations in Kazakhstan;
- Knowledge of secondary, higher and post-graduate education in Kazakhstan and foreign countries;
- Communication, responsibility, conflict management skills
Proficiency in languages:
- Fluent Kazakh, English and Russian;
- Excellent oral speech and writing skills (Russian, Kazakh, English)
Computer skills: Proficient user of computer software (MS Office 95\98\2000\2007, MS Windows 95\98\XP\Vista, Internet)
Deadline for CV submission: Until position is filled
Please send your CV on email: email@example.com