1. Career Services and Alumni Relations Senior Manager
Unit requirements: To build and maintain a Career Service office that provides lifelong career support to the NUGSB students and alumni while developing strong relationships with corporations and employers.
- To build and maintain the Almuni relationship function at the NUGSB
- To manage the School’s Accreditation process
Job responsibilities and functions:
- Serve as the primary liaison between the School, its students and alumni, and potential employers nationally and internationally.
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate scope of services offered through Career Services and Alumni Relations.
- Work with the School and University to promote and grow the Career Services and Alumni Relations function.
- Oversee and manage budget for Career Services, Alumni Relations, and Accreditation.
- Educate current NUGSB students about the benefits and scope of services offered through alumni relations and career services at NUGSB.
- Develop and submit for approval annual strategic and operating plans
- Prepare monthly progress reports for the Dean’s office.
- Engage and grow the current alumni and corporate relationships, and develop new contacts with external organizations for the purpose of expanding employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Provide career advising to students and alumni regarding the job-search process, interviewing, resume, and letter writing, and other areas of career planning.
- Review and supervise the on-campus recruitment and interviewing processes as well as resume referral and job-listing services for current students as well as alumni.
- Plan and implement Career Weeks and other career events.
- Conduct workshops, seminars, and other presentations to student, faculty, employer, and alumni groups.
- Serve as ex officio Executive Director of the Alumni Association to support the President of the Association.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records.
- Establish and build relationships with NUGSB alumni, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, newsletter, and the alumni web pages
- Collaborate with School and University leadership to identify alumni prospects with consideration to both school and University requirements.
- Raise funds for select special projects and events in collaboration with business development colleagues.
Project management of Business School accreditation exercise
- Rapidly build up knowledge of accreditation requirements, from information supplied by accreditation bodies and other sources acquired by the School
- Advise School staff on expectations of accreditation bodies
- Confirm timeline for the accreditation exercise and keep senior colleagues on track to meet the deadlines.
- Liaise with the School leadership to invite institutional representatives to be present for the accreditation
- Draft documents and gain agreement on key supporting documents that will be provided during accreditation visit
- Ensure full documents are submitted to accreditation body in
Preparation of documents for accreditation submissions
- Manage collection and analysis of information and check answers the requirements of appropriate accreditation body
- Make judgement on what should be included in the submission documents – distilling information from the range of sources into a coherent picture that fits with the strategic plan of the School
- Write, edit and prepare draft submission documents and key supporting evidence. Edit content to ensure it reads as series of compelling quality- focused statements about the School’s provisions
- Finalize documents following comments from the school leadership prior to submission for University-level approval
Preparation for accreditation visit
- Liaise with accreditation bodies to agree visit date and accommodation/ entertainment requirements for panel
- Agree timeline of visit with appropriate colleagues, ensuring all aware of nature and timing of their input during the visit – arrange and deliver briefings
- Ensure supporting documentation available for provision to panel
Education: Higher education preferably with the English as the main language of instruction.
A degree preferably in a discipline directly related to staffing, employment, career development and planning, or other human resources concern, business administration, law, higher education or related areas.
Professional experience: for a Master`s degree holder – at least 4 years of work experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Professional competencies and personal skills:
– Effective organizational and management skills;
– Effective public relations and networking abilities;
– Project management skills;
– Knowledge of the Labor Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan ;
– Knowledge of job trends and career development skills;
– Strong written and verbal communications skills;
– Strong commitment to working with a diverse student population;
– Nationwide professional contacts in both the university and employment sectors.
– Thorough knowledge of accreditation standards including management philosophies and operations and related familiarity with governmental and local agencies and organizations. Thorough knowledge of public administration philosophies and concepts;
– Self-driven, able to demonstrate initiative and provide customer-focused support for students, alumni, employers, and other partners.
Language skills: Fluent spoken and written Kazakh, Russian and English.
Applications to the interested position should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Associate Dean of Degree Programs GSB
Reports to: Dean, Graduate School of Business
The Associate Dean of Degree Programs serves as a point of coordination for students, faculty and staff to support the overall academic mission of the Graduate School of Business. The Associate Dean for MBA Programs coordinates with the marketing, admissions, corporate relations, career management, and student life functions. As part of the Management Team, the Associate Dean for MBA Programs contributes to the School’s efforts to build a world-class institution.
The employee will be based in Astana, Kazakhstan, unless otherwise determined by the Employer
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
General Management Duties
- Participation in the governance of the school and the university through membership on committees as assigned by the Dean.
- Manage degree program budgets and communicate resource requirements to the Dean.
- Contribute, as needed, to accreditation initiatives (i.e., AMBA, EFMD, AACSB)
New Program Development & Internationalization
- New Program Development: Identify market needs, assemble new program development committee and submit the appropriate documentation to the Academic Quality Committee and manage approval by the Academic Council.
- Work with the Admission department, Marketing and Business Development to increase the international profile of the program to 20% of students by 2020.
Existing Degree Program Planning & Execution
- In coordination with the NU Academic Quality Committee, and with the support of Program Managers, manage an on-going process of Program review, including assessing curriculum, delivery format, instructional technology, as well as student, faculty, and institutional outcomes.
- Work with the Dean, the faculty recruiting committee and the partner school(s) to ensure that degree program teaching schedules are staffed appropriately (faculty, program managers & teaching assistants).
- Work with the Director of Degree Program to ensure that orientation, career weeks, graduation, students life, students projects, and faculty syllabi meet the school’s quality standards; coordinate with the Director of Degree Programs any other responsibilities assigned to the Director of Degree Programs;
- Assist faculty in preparing for teaching assignments; monitor teaching evaluations and performance; return of evaluations to faculty;
- Coordinate with the Office of the Registrar to ensure timely and accurate registration and course scheduling.
- Engage with students on a regular basis regarding academic concerns, course scheduling and degree requirements.
- Serve as ex officio member of the Curriculum Committee.
- Enforce provisions of the Honor Code.
- Coordinate with Program Managers to elect Judicial Representatives for each degree program cohort.
- Periodically attend EMBA residencies and FTMBA classes to engage with students and provide thesis advisory support, and to monitor the quality of program delivery.
- In coordination with the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and Research (or Director of Research), develop a framework for a TA/RA pre-Phd program;
- Oversee the continuous improvement and approval of relevant documentation with the support of Program Managers (i.e., Faculty Handbook, Student Handbook, etc.).
Support to other GSB departments
- Support the mission of NUGSB Admissions Department by attending recruiting and admissions events as needed and providing feedback about class composition.
- Support the mission of the NUGSB Marketing Department by providing relevant feedback and content for collateral materials, to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the information contained on the NUGSB Degree Programs website, printed materials, social media and public relations efforts.
- Support the mission of the NUGSB Corporate Relations function and Career Management Center by serving as a resource for companies who are considering EMBA program sponsorship or wish to become more engaged with the MBA programs.
- Teach up to 50% of the teaching load in degree and/or non- degree programs.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by the dean.
In case no Director of Degree Programs exist, or with the appointment of a new Director of Degree Programs, the following responsibilities remain in the Associate Dean of Degree Programs portfolio until the Director of degree programs is reviewed after his/her first term.
- Coordinate with Program Managers and the Office of the Registrar on the development of the Academic Calendars for the degree programs.
- Coordinate with the Program Managers to ensure timely and accurate registration and course scheduling as well as the development/updating of the NUGSB Course Catalog.
- Coordinate with Program Managers to ensure that faculty are properly informed of NUGSB policies and grading standards, have an appropriate syllabus, and are prepared for teaching assignments; monitor teaching evaluations, performance, and return of evaluations to faculty.
- Coordinate with Program Managers and Teaching Assistants to monitor student compliance with academic standards. Ensure the accuracy of all student records and files;
- Provide guidance, evaluate and contribute to the personal and professional development of direct reports.
Applications to the interested position should be sent to: email@example.com