1. Associate Dean of Degree Programs GSB
Reports to: Dean, Graduate School of Business
The Associate Dean of Degree Programs serves as a point of coordination for students, faculty and staff to support the overall academic mission of the Graduate School of Business. The Associate Dean for MBA Programs coordinates with the marketing, admissions, corporate relations, career management, and student life functions. As part of the Management Team, the Associate Dean for MBA Programs contributes to the School’s efforts to build a world-class institution.
The employee will be based in Astana, Kazakhstan, unless otherwise determined by the Employer
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
General Management Duties
- Participation in the governance of the school and the university through membership on committees as assigned by the Dean.
- Manage degree program budgets and communicate resource requirements to the Dean.
- Contribute, as needed, to accreditation initiatives (i.e., AMBA, EFMD, AACSB)
New Program Development & Internationalization
- New Program Development: Identify market needs, assemble new program development committee and submit the appropriate documentation to the Academic Quality Committee and manage approval by the Academic Council.
- Work with the Admission department, Marketing and Business Development to increase the international profile of the program to 20% of students by 2020.
Existing Degree Program Planning & Execution
- In coordination with the NU Academic Quality Committee, and with the support of Program Managers, manage an on-going process of Program review, including assessing curriculum, delivery format, instructional technology, as well as student, faculty, and institutional outcomes.
- Work with the Dean, the faculty recruiting committee and the partner school(s) to ensure that degree program teaching schedules are staffed appropriately (faculty, program managers & teaching assistants).
- Work with the Director of Degree Program to ensure that orientation, career weeks, graduation, students life, students projects, and faculty syllabi meet the school’s quality standards; coordinate with the Director of Degree Programs any other responsibilities assigned to the Director of Degree Programs;
- Assist faculty in preparing for teaching assignments; monitor teaching evaluations and performance; return of evaluations to faculty;
- Coordinate with the Office of the Registrar to ensure timely and accurate registration and course scheduling.
- Engage with students on a regular basis regarding academic concerns, course scheduling and degree requirements.
- Serve as ex officio member of the Curriculum Committee.
- Enforce provisions of the Honor Code.
- Coordinate with Program Managers to elect Judicial Representatives for each degree program cohort.
- Periodically attend EMBA residencies and FTMBA classes to engage with students and provide thesis advisory support, and to monitor the quality of program delivery.
- In coordination with the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and Research (or Director of Research), develop a framework for a TA/RA pre-Phd program;
- Oversee the continuous improvement and approval of relevant documentation with the support of Program Managers (i.e., Faculty Handbook, Student Handbook, etc.).
Support to other GSB departments
- Support the mission of NUGSB Admissions Department by attending recruiting and admissions events as needed and providing feedback about class composition.
- Support the mission of the NUGSB Marketing Department by providing relevant feedback and content for collateral materials, to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the information contained on the NUGSB Degree Programs website, printed materials, social media and public relations efforts.
- Support the mission of the NUGSB Corporate Relations function and Career Management Center by serving as a resource for companies who are considering EMBA program sponsorship or wish to become more engaged with the MBA programs.
- Teach up to 50% of the teaching load in degree and/or non- degree programs.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by the dean.
In case no Director of Degree Programs exist, or with the appointment of a new Director of Degree Programs, the following responsibilities remain in the Associate Dean of Degree Programs portfolio until the Director of degree programs is reviewed after his/her first term.
- Coordinate with Program Managers and the Office of the Registrar on the development of the Academic Calendars for the degree programs.
- Coordinate with the Program Managers to ensure timely and accurate registration and course scheduling as well as the development/updating of the NUGSB Course Catalog.
- Coordinate with Program Managers to ensure that faculty are properly informed of NUGSB policies and grading standards, have an appropriate syllabus, and are prepared for teaching assignments; monitor teaching evaluations, performance, and return of evaluations to faculty.
- Coordinate with Program Managers and Teaching Assistants to monitor student compliance with academic standards. Ensure the accuracy of all student records and files;
- Provide guidance, evaluate and contribute to the personal and professional development of direct reports.
Applications to the interested position should be sent to: email@example.com