The Nazarbayev University’s Research Centre for Entrepreneurship (NURCE)
is a new research centre within the Graduate School of Business (GSB) at Nazarbayev University (NU). NURCE aspires to become a leading centre of research excellence in the field of entrepreneurship.
In keeping with the reputation of NU and GSB and working at the intersection of theory, policy and practice, NURCE’s objectives are:
- To develop a global reputation in research of high academic and intellectual value, with clear applicability to practitioners and policymakers
- To facilitate interdisciplinary research collaborations among faculty members at NU and other CIS and international universities in the field of entrepreneurship.
- To demonstrate impact by producing and sharing knowledge that advances transformative social value through entrepreneurship.
- To become an Open Knowledge Network, open to members, partners and co-researchers who share our values, and who work together, in and beyond the university, locally, nationally and internationally.
Our journey to achieve these objectives will be guided by the following values:
- Integrity — We will maintain the highest ethical standards in conducting and publishing our research
- Curiosity — We will encourage intellectual curiosity
- Collaboration — We will promote interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Capacity — We aim to enhance the productive capacity of our members, students, and promote social value through the centre activities
NURCE will strive to develop strong external connections with regional, national and international enterprise research in universities, economic development, business and other networks. NURCE also plans periodic seminars, podcasts, workshops and symposia on topics of interest to scholars and practitioners of entrepreneurship.
Please visit the official website www.nurce.kz